A Stress Busters website was recently launched to provide resources for patients and providers.
Found at www.acesaware.org/managestress, it includes:
- Downloadable patient handouts that provide useful tips about all 7 Stress Buster strategies
- Animated videos
- Links to resources and services
ACEs Aware also launched a new online training to help health care teams use Stress Buster tips and strategies when working with patients.
The free self-paced Stress Busters: Clinical Strategies for Preventing and Mitigating Toxic Stress training was designed to help health care professionals develop their clinical response to childhood adversity and toxic stress. It provides the scientific basis behind evidence-based strategies for regulating toxic stress and a comprehensive exploration of how Stress Busters can be used in clinical practice to help patients – both children and adults – manage their stress.
Take the training to:
- Learn the basics about Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and toxic stress and their impact on health and well-being.
- Explore the scientific basis for how Stress Busters can regulate toxic stress.
- Watch short videos that highlight the health benefits of each evidence-based stress-management strategy.
This activity is approved for AMA PRA Category 1 credit™, AAPA, ANCC, ASWB, and IPCE credit.