June 24, 2020
Dr. Burke Harris and three other health care providers walked through two case studies to show how ACE screening can impact their clinical decision-making.
- Nadine Burke Harris, MD, MPH, FAAP – California’s first Surgeon General
- Lisa Gutiérrez Wang, PhD – Director of Children’s Behavioral Health, Santa Cruz County
- Eva Ihle, MD, PhD – Associate Clinical Professor, Departments of Psychiatry and Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco
- Simone Ippoliti, PNP – Pediatric Nurse Practitioner and Site Director, Bayview Child Health Center
The webinar covered:
- Clinical workflow for ACE screening;
- How to use ACE screening results to inform patient assessment and treatment plan;
- Ways to provide care and educate children and caregivers on ACEs and toxic stress; and
- How behavioral health providers support patients who have experienced ACEs.