I want to practice mindfulness or meditation right now
- Guided meditations by Dora Kamau, psychiatric nurse and certified meditation and mindfulness teacher.
- Free YouTube videos with Dora Kamau and Headspace:
- Tara Brach Meditations: Tara Brach is a psychologist and mindfulness/meditation expert providing free audio meditations.
- The Free Mindfulness Project offers a number of free audio mindfulness practices (from 3 to 45 minutes)
- Jon Kabat Zinn is the founder of the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction program and is an expert on mindfulness.
Body Scan (20, 40 or 15 minutes)
- There are numerous apps you can use for free:
- Mindfulness can be difficult when we have experienced stressful life events. For further reading on trauma-informed and trauma-sensitive mindfulness practices:
More Education on Mindfulness and Meditation
- UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness: In addition to clinical care and research aimed at integrating mindfulness and compassion into individuals’ lives, the center offers a range of free education and outreach, including live medication practice sessions.
- UMass Memorial Health Center for Mindfulness: The center offers free weekly online guided meditation, reflection, and discussion sessions.
- The Free Mindfulness Project: Free online activities, including brief mindfulness practices, sitting medications, and guided imagery.